Thursday, August 5, 2010

A giraffe, some elephants, and a monkey penis

I am a planner, and tend to be a lil' anal retentive about planning. If you know me, you know this is true and I'm sorry if in planning mode I have bitten your head off. (ie wedding morning at Kim "It's my wedding" moment) In my marriage I have accepted the role of planner of events and such and tend to do it often, but the world turned upside down and Travis took it upon himself to plan an entire outing for me and it was a complete surprise. He booked the train tickets, and compared prices and planned his lil' heart out and I am/was so proud of him.

He told me I had to be up at 6:30 cause we needed to leave the house by 7:30 and no later and he said there is no being tardy. So hopped in the car and drove us to our first destination. I love taking the train and Travis has never been on a train so him planning this aspect was great no need to worry about who is driving (which is a constant battle in our marriage) or any traffic. By this time I was starting to get an inkling of where we were headed since the ticket said San Diego. He ended up telling me we were going to the San Diego Zoo which was awesome cause I haven't been there in forever and I love that place. We took a taxi to the zoo and had a great day walking around that monstrosity of a place. I forgot how giant it was and just how much walking that place entails but oh so worth it.








So proud of him for planning this outing for me and even more surprising me with it. It seems as the years go on you really do learn more about your significant other and truly go through phases where it almost feels like we started dating all over again and you just want to spend as much time with them as possible. This outing was a nice lil' reminder of why I love him and why he is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment