Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reboot

Part one of this ongoing journey:

At one point in our lives I feel like we all have the wish that we could "run away", "start fresh", "have a clean slate", and other phrases for the same action of just a good ol' fashion ctrl+alt+delete and reboot. I am at that crossroad in my life and it is exhilarating and absolutely terrifying at the same time. After being at the same company/industry for 9 years and staying there out of convenience, comfort, and just plain being a coward I was laid off (along with the rest of the country). It was a toxic job towards the end; with no personal interaction, watching others leave around me, having a coworker take his on life and then being stuck in an office from 8-5 all by myself it really takes a toll on your well being and mental health. When my boss came to and let me know my office would be closing I can't say I was shocked but I still dealt with the feelings of loss. I had put my all into that office and I felt like through the years lost track of myself through that job and felt so stifled by my surroundings and options. Losing that comfort and normalcy in my life has been jarring and has really given me the opportunity to reevaluate my life. I have gotten to this point in my life by getting in my own way at times, being lazy and overall terrified of failing so I fail to even try. I feel like I have been given a second chance and I don't want to waste it and shoot for the stars. So join me on this journey of figuring myself out, growing up and ya' know what being selfish.

Please don't get in my way, cause for once I'm going to try to not get in my own either.

Listening to: Mat Kearney - Young Love

1 comment:

  1. I love this. LOVE this. So proud of you! If anyone deserves a million happies, it's you. "You're gonna get it, white girl!"

    Sidebar: I still think you should go into Private Investigation. Ain't no one dig dirt like you dig dirt, lady.

    ReplyDelete