Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sooo When are ya'all gonna have kids...

This to me has become one of the rudest questions someone can ask. Since Travis and I have gotten married it seems as almost instantly as you say "I do" some overbearing family member is asking "so when are you going to have kids?" Why do we have to decide, why can't we enjoy each other first. And it seems as the time has passed the questions turn almost hostile and you hear them a lot more. "Why haven't you had kids yet," and at this point in my life it infuriates me. I myself have asked that question of other couples in relationships and I regret doing so, and probably will never ask again. You/I don't know a couples thoughts/feelings/ or even circumstances for having children and trust me now being in the situation I am in that line of questioning stings every time. Much like the feeling I get in my heart when I see a cute lil pregnant woman and the thought of the chance of never being able to experience that feeling. So the next time someone asks me "When are you going to have kids," my response shall be "When you let me borrow your uterus and ovaries thanks!"

Only time will tell and if it's God's will it will happen but for the time being hug your children, cherish those 9 months , and if you want we are free to babysit.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, the last time I asked someone...she told me that they were unable to have kids...I'm never. asking. again. I immediately began thinking of reasons why you shouldn't ask and I discovered it's an incredibly intrusive question. "Hey, when you and your husband gonna have some epic sex that will knock you up and cause you years of 'looking after a little one' so that we can never hang out again?"

    Yeah, no thanks...just as embarassing for me as it is for them...

    [kyle]

    ReplyDelete